Fellow Neighbors and Patriots–The Fourth of July is fast upon us!
The Fourth of July Parade and Party is historically one of the year’s highlights. HTCA is looking for many hands to make this the best Fourth of July Parade and Party ever, and the more who help, the less work and more fun it is for all!
Here’s what we need–broken down into easy tasks. Some can be done in advance; others must be done on the Fourth. If you possibly can do just one thing, please step up! We would be thrilled to get responsible kids and teens involved, and HTCA will be happy to sign off on their community service hours if your school allows us to do so.
Kindly pick one:
- Buy, donate or loan supplies. (Game equipment, bunting, flags, kazoos,balloons, tablecloths, etc.)
- Buy refreshments. (Ice, lemonade, water are crucial. Watermelon makes a great snack. Other food, like cookies, are optional.)
- We need several volunteers to run kids’ games (examples of past favorites: relay races, whacking the pinata, balloon toss).
- Suggest new kids games that are inexpensive and popular and help us run them.
- Make signs.
- Tack up signs around the neighborhood.
- Put up simple decorations at the school.
- Stay in the shade and run the refreshment table.
- Be a diva (or her male equivalent) and lead the parade!
- Play an instrument in the Huntington Terrace Symphonia during the noisy parade. Drummers, kazoo-ists, horn players, percussionists–you be the star!
- Suggest something we’ve forgotten.
And since not all of your neighbors are on HTCAnet, please talk to folks on your block about the parade and party and ask for their help and ideas. In particular, PLEASE reach out to newcomers to the neighborhood, so they don’t miss out! (Be aware there will be a flyer going out to all residents with details as usual.)
Thanks so much, everyone! Send all your ideas, inputs, resources and people without delay to:
Huntington Terrace Citizens’ Association
8604 Grant Street
dorough at highstream dot net