In the early 1700s, the land that makes up Huntington Terrace was part of two large tobacco plantations. In 1910 Huntington Terrace was platted as a subdivision with the original boundaries and street grids that still exist today. These boundaries are widely accepted as Greentree Road to the north (south side only), Old Georgetown Road to the east (west side only), Garfield Street to the west and Roosevelt Street to the south. Several of these streets serve as school boundaries. The great majority of Huntington Terrace residential area was laid out in 1910 in the same lots as now, except for a pocket of land in the center, a portion on which Suburban Hospital located in the early 1940s. Many houses built in the first decades of the 1900s are still standing today, particularly on Lincoln and Southwick Streets. In 1947 and 1948 the remaining portion of Huntington Terrace land was platted, bringing approximately 40 residential lots to the community, for a total of about 300 single family homes. Huntington Terrace celebrated its Centennial in 2010.